Sunday, June 9, 2013

Breaking My Habit, Day 34: The Race

Ah, finally the big day.

I went to the race area with a grumbly stomach and a runny nose, not a good start for any race.
Now that I think of it, I probably should've doubled my shirt, as the running shirt that I got from the event is pretty thin. Good for running, not so much for my nose :|


Runny nose!

I'm surprised to see that there are so many people who join the race. In total, there are about 2000 runners today, 1000 of them joining the 5k! You can imagine how crowded that is, especially during the first few minutes when all the runners were still running close to each other.


The running itself was pretty normal. I tried to keep my pace but still finding myself walking from time to time. Yeah, what a noob. But running 5km was not as scary as I thought it would be. My mind didn't get the chance to wander, it was just fixated on the race (and the scenery around me). Next thing you know, it was already the finish line!

From the timers that was displayed there, it took me roughly 49 minutes to finish the race. My basic goal would be to finish the race under 60 minutes, and I'm glad that I made it under 50. 

Finisher!
It's worth mentioning how silly my brain is for over thinking about the race. After I finish, it was like, "Meh, anyone could do this." Damn you brain! Well, I guess this will be handy next time I'm paralyzed by fear. I can remember this event and think to myself, "It's never as bad as you'd imagined it to be."

Anyway, it's getting late and I still need some sleep. See you tomorrow, people! 






No comments:

Post a Comment